The real reason for my post tonight is my first day of school! Because Monday was a holiday, my real first day of my photo class was Wednesday. If you have been reading, you will know how excited I have been for class. Cam and I are both taking classes in fact. This semester will be Cameron's last at MCC and it will be my first semester of just taking classes for fun - not for a major since I finished my associates two semesters ago.
Anyway, Cam and I decided that the best way to handle babysitting duty and the drive all the way to Mesa from Maricopa was to drive up together and then hang out in town with the kid while the other is in class. My class is from 4:25 until 7 and Cam's class starts at 7:10 and goes until 8:25. (I know, I totally got the better end of this deal!) So, after much planning and packing for a full evening of child entertaining... we went to class.
Now you will have to imagine my surprise when I walked into class and recognized my black and white film photo teacher from 3 years ago welcoming me when I was pretty sure she wasn't the instructor. And, I am sure because if had I seen her name as the instructor - I wouldn't have signed up. Nice as she is, she talks a lot and very slowly and is just all around a bit too "artsy" for me. Then, when she started class by saying, "We will be releasing you early today - so before I ban texting, you better let your friends know," I knew something was definitely up. In fact, she is not my teacher. My teacher was not there. And, after 35 minutes of painful overview of the syllabus - we were released. I was seriously bummed. Now I have to wait until Monday to get a real start!
What do you do when you have 2 hours to kill? Eat at Olive Garden...
Jake didn't like our little experiment much. It is just a long time for him to be stuck either in the car or in a store. I took him to target while we waited for Daddy. We may have to adjust.
3 comments:
I can always come and get him and take him to my place after work if you guys need that help. Let me know.
A whole evening out is a long time for little boys. I would offer to help watch him too but Utah is even further to drive than your drive to school.
He just needs to be more flexible! ;-)
Post a Comment